Skip to main content

Popsicle Zombie | 2014

Back in 2014, and still today, I was and am still pretty proud of the shading within this character. This was the first time I successfully to my satisfaction created shading within my cheek (specifically the left-hand side looking at the photo straight on).

This was a part of a very small spread out series on my channel that I was calling popsicle zombies at the time. I loved the way they turned out, and I loved making them different colors! This series was also one that another social media influencer took advantage of, which was kind of a bummer. At the time, I thought they just enjoyed my work! ... until they stopped mentioning they even know me. It ended up being a life lesson, people aren't always so nice. 

Of course, I always encourage people to have their hand at painting :) That is what I make my tutorials for! There is a difference between recreating and learning, and recreating to steal. It's what it's. It doesn't make my zombie any less pink, or my hearts any less shaded :)

YouTube tutorial for this Zombie: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEzg1yBudF8


Products Used:


  • Mehron Paradise Paint (Light Pink, Dark Pink, Dark Red)
  • Mehron INtense Pigment (Hot Pink, Red Earth)
  • BH Cosmetics Red Eyeshadow
  • Urban Decay Anti Aging Primer
  • Urban Decay Eyeliner (Yeyo, Woodstock)








This tutorial was the second of another original zombie I created in 2013, that back in the day was actually done as a part of a contest. Unfortunately, I forget the subject of the contest, but I do know it was inspired by music, as I had painted myself as a zombie with inspiration of "Living Dead Girl" by Rob Zombie. Makes sense, yeah? I also added the lovely essence of a rotten hole that was supposed to be in the shape of a guitar. Use your imagination for that one, please.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nyx Face Awards | 2013

Eek! It has been FOREVER since I last wrote on my blog. Things have been incredibly hectic for the past couple of months now (In a good way, of course!). My fingers are super sore from being poked at the immediate care yesterday ( boo... high blood sugars... ) but I know that I am going to end up typing up a storm right now anyways! As all of you know who follow me on  Facebook , my  YouTube Channel  has been entered in a competition called the  Nyx Face Awards ! I had submitted my YouTube channel to the competition in hopes to make it into the top 30, and I did! I was in complete shock, and extreme excitement! A follower had messaged me informing me about the competition (Good ol' Kristi Jo!). I am so glad that I checked out the link, and that she was so kind as to let me know it was going on! Anyways. The perks of this competition: EVERYTHING. The first place winner will receive $25,000 and a beautiful glass trophy! Of course, there are other incredible perks such as a ful

Borderlands Psycho Makeup | 2014

Writing this in 2019, I can still remember how incredibly proud I was of this makeup look back in 2014. I was so pleased with the shading on the leather portions, as well as the eyes being as even as I could make them. Funny thing is, I went on to actually make a Psycho mask on Twitch towards the end of 2018. Chances of me recreating this look again in 2019 when Borderlands 3 is released? Very high . They actually showed a preview of the game on Twitch, but I missed it (darn it!). I really need to brush up on (AKA learn) how to play FPS (first person shooters). While I love the characters... I have a tendency to die. One thing I never did with this look was put the finger gun to my noggin. I wasn't a fan of that pose, and still really am not a fan of it. I saw a meme the other day that said "Borderlands 1 has one finger gun, Borderlands 2 has two finger guns, Borderlands 3....?" HA. Hilarious. Anywho. YouTube tutorial for Psycho 2014:  https://www.youtube.com/